Monday, July 8, 2013

Creeping Doubt

Quick one today-- doubt is a jerk. Sometimes it creeps in slowly, and you gradually lose grip on your goal. But other times, when you have more resolve than that, it sneaks in for a quick jab now and then. Out of nowhere BAM! Sniper attack. You could be riding high on how far you've come, opening the laptop to write a new blog post, and you catch your reflection in the shiney surface of the screen before it lights up. And somewhere in the back of your head you hear a voice that says, "You really think, after a lifetime of dealing with it, that your spare tire is really going to go all the way away? Really?"

Doubt, you suck.

No, in my adult life I've never been without the extra in the middle. No, I can't picture myself without it (when I'm awake, anyways). But I can imagine one day looking back and thinking how silly I was thinking it was impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment