Thursday, September 5, 2013

Follow up...

Entry One:

Things I want, and will have:

 

·         A single-digit dress size

·         To buy whatever tall boots I want

·         To be able to buy things from the clearance rack

·         To be picked up by my strong and handsome husband

·         To ride in the back of the car with 2 other people

·         To look in the mirror to check my outfit on its own merit

·         Do dance and feel talented

·         To laugh without reservation

 

Entry two:

Update.

 

Last week was pretty low—and for some good reasons. I had avoided posting for a while because I didn’t feel like I had anything helpful to say due to how my weeks had been going (in life and in nutrition), but I decided that the point of the blog is to take you with me through the process. and sometimes the process is kinda rough. Everything in that entry was as transparent as possible, because my mission here is to be completely transparent so that anyone out there who needs to hear that they aren’t the only one who feels the way they feel hears it all. I once read a blog, and have since re-read it, of a girl who did the same thing. She is forthright with all her pain and frustration, and to the point of discomfort at some points. It makes me cry tears of connection and relief every time I read it because her words give voice to my own struggles. I want to contribute in the same way.

 

So that is why I don’t withhold a whole lot when it comes to my doubts. To be too positive, to me, is dishonest, because 90% of the battle is against doubt and fear. It wasn’t that doubt was winning last week—I think I just hit a crucial turning point. I was going to get to that place sooner or later, because the challenge is not to avoid reaching those moments… the challenge is to keep going after your get to them. I’m sure I’ll hit more turning points along the way. Or, better said, turn-back points. I faltered. I sat down in the middle of the road for a bit. I stared indecisively at the road signs for a while. But I didn’t turn back, because I already said my goodbyes to what is behind me.

 

In any case, God made sure to send encouragement to me at my lowest point, and I’m pulling out of that funk now. I’ve got more to look forward to, and I’ve got good things going on. Some of the encouragements were very specific! Just at the moment where I was gathering up my resolve, I got an email from my coach about a big contest with other coaches/clients over the next 2 months. There are big prizes at the end, and darnit if money isn’t a good motivator!

So things are better now. I’m back on the path, and I’m heading in the right direction. That’s really all I can do for now!

 

Here’s the blog I referenced:http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/weight-loss/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment